Microgate continues to improve its software OptoGait, introducing the following new features and improvements:
- Exporting Patients' Personal Data to an XML file compatible with Microsoft Excel
- Importing Patients' Personal Data from an Excel sheet (names and column position must match the export format)
- A Standard Protocol has been added ('GG Protocol'), containing treadmill gait tests at 3 km/h, three squat jump tests (one on two legs and one on one leg, R/L), one ski test of 15 sec., and two reaction tests on one leg.
- Duplicating a test definition ('Duplicate Test' button)
- During the treadmill gait/run tests, the parameters 'Direction' (formerly 'Direction of entry') and 'Treadmill speed' are now in the Main parameters section. The parameter 'Direction' (which can be 'Interface side' or 'Opposite side') is now considered to be the direction of the movement (i.e. if the drums are behind us, 'Opposite side' has to be chosen).
- For Jump Tests, columns have been added to the Numerical Data Table for 'Jumping Point' (distance from the beginning of the bar to the middle support point), 'Jumping Point Gap' (distance between the current jumping point and the previous, i.e. the centroid move), and 'User Area' (difference between the first and the last activated LED). This information is very useful for checking the movement of the patient on X and Y while jumping, and the leg distance, if the test is carried out with the patient's feet perpendicular to the bars, during jumps with two feet (see sample).
- A 'Measuring Ruler' has been introduced, which can be used viewing the OptoGait bars in the lower part of the monitor: double-click twice on two different LEDs to display the distance (measure) between the two points (in cm or in). Press ESC after having clicked on the bar to delete the measure.
- Spurious LEDs can now be deleted from the OptoGait bars directly (useful, for example, in the case of unwanted objects temporarily within the measuring area). To delete only one LED, CTRL-click on the LED. To delete a series of adjacent LEDs, CTRL-click and drag with the mouse for the number of desired LEDs and then release the mouse button. When asked how many thousandths of a second the filter should be applied (beginning from the current moment displayed on the slider), confirm by pressing OK or Apply.
- In the History views it is now possible to choose a parameter to analyze the values for the right foot, the left foot, delta of the two feet, or both (default).
- In Treadmill Gait Tests an 'Automatic Data Filter' can be applied, going from 10% to 90% (default = deactivated); activating this parameter, the user can check if the values for flight time, contact time, gait time, swing time, and gait length are within the average value +/- the chosen percentage. If one of these data is out of range, the table line will be deleted from the calculation of average values and the values on the grid will appear in strike-through format (e.g. average = 0.8, filter = 20%, all values above 0.96 and below 0.64 will be deleted).
- Invalid flight/gait, and contact times are now viewed in strike-through format (
- In the areas 'View Test' or 'Compare Tests' the left part of the screen (button << in the upper right corner), containing the buttons and parameters, can be minimized (useful for low-resolution monitors). Only VCR-like commands (play, stop, ff, rew, etc.) are shown; to open the panel, click on the button >>.
- Holding the CTRL button pressed when moving forwards and backwards in the video with the right and left arrow keys, the video advances in thousandths of seconds instead of in frames.
Video Analysis Module
- The Toolbar buttons are now aligned vertically (not horizontally) and have self-explaining labels (instead of unclear icons and tooltips).
- When comparing two tests, press CTRL+double-click on one of the webcam videos. The frames of both tests will appear in the analysis area. The same applies to a single test with two webcams. The double image can be saved (with the relevant graphical annotations) in the report.
- The Export Database command now allows the user to export the database in compressed format and with videos and images (choose the .SDF format from the dropdown menu in the file export dialog)
- A command has been added for 'merging' two databases. Selecting the command Import and pressing NO when asked, if you want to import into a new database, the data are imported into the current database
- Optimization of RAM management for PCs with little computing capacity (a minimum of 1 GB RAM for Windows XP and 2 GB for Vista/Win7 are recommended).
- The Low Battery screen, which sometimes appeared under certain circumstances, is now displayed correctly.
- The distance calculation error in Treadmill Tests has been fixed; now the distance calculation begins with the Test START, and not when pressing Execute.
- 'Error invalid data' in Tapping Test has been resolved.
- 'Error parameter research' when comparing two tests has been resolved (this error occurred when searching for a parameter, which did not match the analyzed test type, e.g. searching for flight times in a test containing only gaits)