Now it is possible to view a dynamic report, instead of the numeric data graph, while a run test is carried out with modular systems or on a treadmill, focusing on the asymmetric aspect of the right and left foot. Of course, the report can be viewed also under Results and in the print report. To view the report, click on the link highlighted in the figure (click to zoom) and toggle between Run Data, Gait Data, and Run Report.
If doing a 'Compare' of two run tests, the report is configured to display the data of the two tests on two columns and spot the differences immediately:
When printing, an illustrative graph shows an example of a 'run cycle' highlighting the various phases and the terminology used:
The protocol 'Single Leg 3 Hops' has been added, which is useful for assessing the recovery of the anterior cruciate ligament. Click on the link for further information.
The concept of Parameters Template has been introduced, which allows setting a certain number of secondary test parameters based upon common usage cases. Let's suppose, for example, that a gait test is carried out on a modular system, with the athlete/patient performing very short strides (typical of the elderly), or shuffling the tip of the advancing foot. Instead of trying to change the parameters striving to find the best filter setting, you can choose one of the existing templates (i.e. 'shuffling gait') with parameters set automatically on the basis of our experience.
At present, the templates apply only to the run/gait tests with modular systems, but in the future the concept will be extended to all test types and it will be possible to extend the template library via software upgrades.
The parameters changed by these first templates are those highlighted in the figure on the side of the page.
- When creating a group or a subgroup, and there is a large number of athletes, it is possible to search/filter by surname or name.
- The Foot Length field is now double: the first is "descriptive" (eg "Eu 43", "UK 8.5", etc..), while the second shows the length measured in LEDs with the "Acquire foot" function. This value is now editable and its change results in the recalculating of all patient's tests of types Gait/Run.
- When choosing an athlete for the execution of a test, it is possible to search/filter by surname or name
- The possibility to import and export a test definition. Very useful if custom test definitions have been defined and we want to export them into a new database without having to recreate them.
- A new 'Vertec Like' test family has been introduced for creating more custom tests based upon the same concept as the predefined one
- When a 'Sprint/Gait' test is carried out with a modular system, the length of the athlete's foot must be measured just like in treadmill tests. This measure is now necessary to better apply some filters connected to particular gait types (shuffling, short strides, etc.). The foot length is stored in the Athletes' Personal Data history and, if it already exists, because it has been previously measured, it is not asked again (it is however possible to repeat the measurement from the athlete's data).
- Using markers: In a test analysis, other markers besides Set Start and Set Stop can be added in certain spots of the video associating them to a note or a comment. The marker list (which can be created, edited and deleted freely) is also printed in the report showing minutes and comments. For further information about using markers, see section 18.104.22.168 of the manual
- The starting foot of run and gait tests with modular systems can be change several times. In a round-trip test, for example, it can be useful to change the foot with which the athlete has entered the area after having changed direction. By positioning the mouse on the footprint to be changed and pressing the right button 'Invert foot' is viewed. Choosing this option, all following feet of the chosen foot are inverted.
- In the round-trip used in modular systems, assigning a maximum flight time (e.g. 2 seconds if the time to turn around outside the test area is longer than this time) the ‘there’ footprints are deleted and substituted with the ‘back’ footprints. Therefore, set the maximum flight time based upon one's needs (i.e. if the ‘there’ and ‘back’ footprints are to be left superposed or the previous ones deleted).
- Double-clicking on the video timeline it is possible to skip to a given moment entering the time in thousandths of seconds. For example, to skip to 00:13".26 of the video, enter 13260 in the dialog box.
- The History module can now be recalled also with only one test selected. This can be useful, for example, in a run or gait test (where a starting foot has been specified) to verify asymmetries between the right and left foot, selecting the appropriate measures and the 'Diff %' mode.
- In the Tapping test the 'Used area' (i.e. the distance between the feet) has been added